Repeated browser authorisation requests

Options
rejones
rejones
Community Member

Over the past few days, I get browser authorisation requests every time (and maybe more often?) I start Safari 11.0.2 on MacOS 10.12.6. While the codes in both Windows match, this is irritating and never used to happen. The only update to my system has been to install the 1Password 6.8.5 update. Any advice on how to get rid of these pop-ups (or at least have them appear only once per update)?

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:browser authorisation

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @rejones! Browser authorization requests are a function of communication between the mini and the 1Password extension. If something is blocking (or clearing out) that authorization, you'll continue to get pop-ups. Are you using any cache/history-cleaners in Safari? Or do you have anything installed that might interfere with local communications, such as anti-virus or other proxy software?

• rejones
    rejones
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Lars. Thanks for your help. I'm not using any cache/history cleaners. I do use AdBlock 1.12.4 (though I have just turned it off, which has made no difference - maybe I should try rebooting??). I don't run any anti-virus software.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rejones -- I would definitely try restarting your Mac, especially if you can't remember the last time you did so. That's become a tech support cliché precisely because of how often it solves a host of ills that can't easily be remedied any other way. Stuck caches, crashed background processes, memory overflows, all addressed by a simple, satisfying restart. I'm not saying that will definitely fix your issue...but if not, it will at least let us know what's NOT the problem.

This discussion has been closed.