Account Billing/Preferences

carnoe1
carnoe1
Community Member
edited December 2017 in Mac

When opening iPassword on my Mac High Sierra 10.12.6, I cannot find preferences or billing information. You have tried to renew my subscription with an old credit card, and I need to update with a new one. I can login to see my stored passwords, but other than under general identity information, my name doesn't appear and there is no account information. When prompted to recover, it will not accept my Account Key (Secret Key).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:account information not showing

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017

@carnoe1 - Sorry for the confusion! I couldn't be 100% sure, but it sounded as if you're trying to locate the Billing preferences within the 1Password for Mac app itself. True? If so, that's the problem -- the Administrative functions (Billing, etc) are only available via the web interface of 1Password, directly at https://my.1password.com

When you visit that link, you'll be required to enter your email address, Master Password and Secret Key, which will sign you into your account. From there, you'll see a Billing section in the right sidebar. You can change the credit card to a valid one there. Let us know if you have any problems! :)

ref: AIG-93461-373

• carnoe1
    carnoe1
    Community Member

Thanks, but the web interface rejects my Secret Key. Is the Secret Kay the same as Master Key?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@carnoe1: No. There is no "Master Key". The Secret Key is a long, random string of letters and numbers, starting with A3-. That is something you can find in a browser you've authorized or in the 1Password app you've setup with your account:

Find your Secret Key or Setup Code

This was also formerly known as the Account Key, so if you have that in your Emergency Kit, so long as you didn't change it later, that will work for you there.

The Master Password, on the other hand, is something you chose, and should be remembered. After you setup 1Password on a device with all of your account credentials, only the Master Password is needed to access your data there: you just type it in to unlock the app.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.