I have changed to 1password.com for sync. Is it now safe to delete the dropbox file?

BeuysM
BeuysM
Community Member

I have changed to 1password.com for sync via your server. Is it now safe to delete the old dropbox file?

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: OS X 10.13.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have changed to 1password.com. Is it now safe to delete the dropbox file?

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 2017

@BeuysM

That depends on you and how sure everything moved over properly. For example you inadvertently forgot to move a single login?

Disk space is cheap. The file is already encrypted via your Master Password, so its safe on Dropbox. I would keep mine for some time to make sure of no omissions.

As for me personally I just now 2 years later removed my old vaults from Dropbox (in the last week). I had kept mine to make sure I didn't need anything from the old file.

Just my personal .02 ¢

edit: If I recall correctly I never had to use that copy for anything. So...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@BeuysM: Keep in mind that removing the vault from 1Password does not delete it from Dropbox, and as Tommy mentioned, there's no harm in keeping it around for a bit.

However, if you can see all of your data when you sign into your account in your browser, you really don't need to keep old vaults around:

https://start.1password.com/vaults/all

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• BeuysM
    BeuysM
    Community Member

Thanks, much appreciated. And happy New Year as well.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:chuffed: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.