Lock timer locking 1Password too soon in Chrome

This discussion was created from comments split from: Lock 1Password after... ...when I'm closing Chrome.

Comments

• Toogood444
    Toogood444
    Community Member

Im having a similar problem. 1passwordX is locking the app after a few minutes when i set it to lock after 60 minutes. Im using windows 10 and chrome. I cant use the main app as i only use chrome seems the windows app is only compatible with edge browser.

Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018

@Toogood444: Thanks for getting in touch! That actually sounds like a very different problem though.

As mentioned above, 1Password should be locked after quitting Chrome completely. But you seem to be saying it is locking even when Chrome is open and not enough time has elapsed to trigger Auto-Lock. Is that correct?

That should not be the case, unless something else is killing 1Password X. Can you tell me the exact version of Windows 10 and Chrome you're using, and give me a screenshot of 1Password X settings? It will be either here (stable):

chrome-extension://aeblfdkhhhdcdjpifhhbdiojplfjncoa/app/app.html#/page/settings

or here (beta):

chrome-extension://khgocmkkpikpnmmkgmdnfckapcdkgfaf/app/app.html#/page/settings

To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum.

Based on your description, I suspect you will see that it is set to the default 10 minutes there. I think you may not have 1Password X set to 60 minutes, but are setting the Auto-Lock in the native 1Password Windows app that way. This doesn't integrate with 1Password X, as that is a self-contained extension that works only in Chrome.

You can, however, use the native 1Password apps with their extensions, which are available for Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and a few others. Looking forward to hearing back from you! :)

• Toogood444
    Toogood444
    Community Member

Hi thanks for your help.

Windows 10 pro
    version 1703 64 bit

Chrome Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Not sure why but the add picture button isn't working so uploaded it here.

https://gyazo.com/2ba90dc4838d53f24cd60ca4a21704e9

Have set the locking time to 180 minutes in both passwordX extension and the main login page showing all my browsers and devices and it still locks after 10 minutes. Im only using this as the main 1password extension wouldn't load at all citing its unable to connect to the 1password helper.

Been using a mac only for the last 2 years and your product was perfect there should of known first day back on a windows would cause issue after issue.

Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Toogood444: Interesting. Thank you! I'm not having any trouble with premature locking here in 1Password X, so I wonder if there's something about your setup or workflow that cold be affecting it.

Not sure why but the add picture button isn't working so uploaded it here.

For example, you probably have a content blocker which is interfering with the forum attachment functionality. Do you have other extensions installed in Chrome?

Have set the locking time to 180 minutes in both passwordX extension and the main login page showing all my browsers and devices and it still locks after 10 minutes.

Can you tell me what exactly is locking? What do you mean by "the main login page"? That sounds like you may be using the 1Password.com website and not 1Password X.

Im only using this as the main 1password extension wouldn't load at all citing its unable to connect to the 1password helper. Been using a mac only for the last 2 years and your product was perfect there should of known first day back on a windows would cause issue after issue.

Sorry for the trouble there! I'll be happy to help you get that sorted out as well. Have you installed the native 1Password Windows app? That can connect to their own extensions (the same as on the Mac, using the Helper, as you mentioned), unless something is preventing them from doing so. Do you have "security" software that might be interfering?

• Toogood444
    Toogood444
    Community Member

Hi.

After following these instruction its all working fine. Hadn't installed the native windows app.

Thanks for the great product will be using forever :)

• Thanks for the update, @Toogood444, I'm glad you're set up and happy now!

There's no need for you to do anything or change any settings now that you have things working the way you want them, but I wanted to ask about your original issue with 1Password X. When 1Password would lock unexpectedly, did your Windows machine go to sleep or have its screensaver enabled per chance? I ask as 1Password X will lock whenever that happens, in addition to idle time and quitting Chrome.

• Toogood444
    Toogood444
    Community Member

PasswordX was locking without windows going to sleep or the screen saver being activated.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for confirming! That's what I thought you meant, but it's good to double-check. We'd absolutely rather have 1Password lock too often than not, but we'll see if we can track down the cause and make it work more predictably. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.