Can I "help" 1Password find the right input field?

Options

More often than not, 1Passwords filling of contact details is quite useless, and at times it also fails to recognize the id/username field in forms such as this one. I would like to know if I can do something to improve the situation, through manual editing.

For instance, in the linked SPA, the username field has this markup, which seems more than correct:

<input required="required" autocomplete="off" class="inputfield" type="number" pattern="\d*" name="foedselsnummer" id="username" maxlength="11" data-op-id="1" data-com.agilebits.onepassword.user-edited="yes">

1Password is not able to fill this field, which seems a bit weird, given it has an id of username and the Username field in the login entry is non-empty. I also tried adding a Label in the login entry called foedselsnummer to help 1Password, but alas ...

I seem to remember that the 1Password native program had extra abilities not found in the Mac version that let a user help 1Password map the markup to 1passwords fields. Is that something that might at some time find its way into 1PasswordX (if it's not already present)?

1Password Version: X
Extension Version: 1.4.0
OS Version: Ubuntu 17.04
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

• Mitch
    edited January 2018
    Options

Often, the best way to help 1Password is to save a brand new login on the page if your old one isn't working. This forces 1Password to learn the accurate field ids. These ids are stored invisibly and can't be modified by adding fields to an item the normal way. I went and created a login on the Digipost login page and was able to fill it just fine with 1Password X.

By the way, the latest beta of 1Password X also has a new trick up its sleeve: it will prioritize the focused field if you're filling from the 1Password menu inside a form. So that's another way to help 1Password get it right even if it guessed wrong the first time. The beta is full of other filling improvements too, and I think you'll really notice the difference. Come try it out. :) https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/79610/how-to-install-1password-x-beta#latest

This discussion has been closed.