Problem with updating to ios11 - 1password 6

baterox
baterox
Community Member

Hi there!

First of all, I'm sorry for my English, but it is not my mother tongue.

The background is quite complicated, but I'll do my best to try to explain to you the problem as detailed as possible.

My mother has an I Phone 6, and 4 days ago she bought an iPhone X. I made a backup of the iPhone 6, and then restored I Phone X with such backup.

When I tried to open 1password, I was asked to provide my father's Apple ID password. Then I realized that most probably I had downloaded 1password with my father's iTunes account, and afterwards (once I already had the app) I created a separate account for my mother.

When I put my father's password, it wouldn't work, so I deleted the app and tried to download it again but this time with mi mother's iTunes account. I still had the same problem.

When I tried to open the app on my mother's iPhone 6, the app had been synced with iPhone 10, and therefore it had been deleted. When I tried to restore the iPhone 6 with the backup, I was asked to update to iOS 11, which I did, and when I restored the iPhone 6, the 1password app had updated to 6.

Now I can't access to my 1password because I don't have an account, and I am asked to fill a Secret Key that I don't have.

What can I do? I truly appreciate your help, since I am desperate.

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @baterox

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble. When using 1Password without a 1Password.com membership (“standalone”) your data is by default stored only on your device. Deleting the app from that device deletes the data along with it.

Did you have 1Password set up to sync with a 3rd party service such as Dropbox or iCloud?

Ben

• baterox
    baterox
    Community Member

Dear Ben,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I did not have it synced; I will now. I just had a backup of my iPhone, but I guess that is not enough...

• Unfortunately we’ve heard reports from customers that Apple’s built in backup system does not reliably back up app data, including 1Password data. We’ve included a backup mechanism within 1Password in part for this reason:

1Password backups

Ben

This discussion has been closed.