I created several vaults using Account > New Vault but they remained invisible.

antony_gordon
antony_gordon
Community Member

I created several vaults using Account > New Vault but they remained invisible. Then I repeated the first one using New Vault in the Vaults dropdown but still nothing is visible.

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:created vaults not visible

Comments

• antony_gordon
    antony_gordon
    Community Member

Next day they have all appeared -- system clearly wanted to have some thinking time first. However, I have a duplicate from the second attempt. How to delete an unwanted (empty) vault?

• antony_gordon
    antony_gordon
    Community Member

Unticking the duplicate vault in Vaults Preferences seems also to have no effect -- both versions still appear under All Vaults.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@antony_gordon - sorry for the confusion! To delete a vault, you must use the Admin Console of 1password.com. That means you need to sign into your account in a browser, instead of your 1Password application.

Once you've signed in via a browser, click Vaults in the right sidebar, then choose the vault you want to delete and click on that. Click Edit under the vault's name, and you'll find the link to delete it. Let us know how that goes for you.

• antony_gordon
    antony_gordon
    Community Member

Easy when you know how! Thanks, all OK now. I've used 1Password standalone for several years but only recently subscribed to Family package so still getting to grips with differences.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@antony_gordon - that's a great description: "Easy when you know how." A lot of people here work very hard to make 1Password easy to understand and use, but as a security application there is a learning curve that just can't be avoided. However, once you're familiar with it, it's pretty easy to get around and do what you want to do. Let us know if there's anything further we can do to assist! :)

• antony_gordon
    antony_gordon
    Community Member

OK, you asked. I have one last (probably) question. When I subscribed to family I opted to retain my original standalone vault(?) - the one labelled as Primary - in case I decided not to proceed. I haven't spotted a way to remove that now that I am subscribed and staying.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018

@antony_gordon You can remove a Primary vault (after all the data's transferred out, of course), by visiting Preferences > Advanced (the gear icon at the top right of the Preferences window), and UN-checking the box marked Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts. You'll have to enter your Master Password, but that should work for you.

• antony_gordon
    antony_gordon
    Community Member

Many thanks, now done. Everything was copied out of there before. The wording is straightforward once one gets used to the terminology.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@antony_gordon - you're quite welcome! Glad everything's working smoothly for you now. :)

This discussion has been closed.