To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Sync issue

TDK1044
TDK1044
Community Member

1password syncs with my i-phone and with the 1password app on my computer at work, but not with the 1password app on my Laptop at home? The app is the latest version? Is there a setting not enabled somewhere?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@TDK1044 - sorry you're having sync troubles just now with the home computer. May I ask: are you using a 1password.com account, or local (standalone) data? If the latter, what method of sync are you using?

• TDK1044
    TDK1044
    Community Member

I'm using a 1password.com account. I suspect that uninstalling the app and reinstalling it might resolve the issue. It feels like it's lost it's connection to the outside world. Everything else on the Laptop works fine though.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@TDK1044 - that's certainly one possibility you could try, though it's a bit scorched-earth for a starting point. Try this first: create a new Secure Note on each of your devices. Give each one a unique name, such as "from iPhone," "from work computer," etc so each one's origin will be clear no matter what device it's on. Give everything a moment or two to sync, then see which notes show up on which devices.

• TDK1044
    TDK1044
    Community Member

Just did this at work. Each entry shows up on the website version, on the app on my work desktop computer, and on my i phone. When I get home, I'll see if anything shows up on the app on my Laptop.

• TDK1044
    TDK1044
    Community Member

Seems to be working now. :) :

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Great! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Lars, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

• TDK1044
    TDK1044
    Community Member

Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.