k-Anonymity API and PwnedPasswords v2

schneida
schneida
Community Member
edited February 2018 in Lounge

Any plans to integrate a search type feature with k-Anonymity API and the v2 PwnedPasswords Troy Hunt just released? This would be very helpful in all products you have to know if an existing entry should be changed due to a breach.
I see the previous post, but Watchtower tells you of specific sites with known breaches, while a raw password query would be beneficial. The overhead with the new API hosted by Cloudflare would be minimal.
Also, a mass checking of passwords in your vault would be superb via the API.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Any plans to integrate a search type feature with k-Anonymity API and the v2 PwnedPasswords?

Comments

• schneida
    schneida
    Community Member

@rudy,

Great news and fast acting thanks! Now I’ll need to wait until some sort of bulk checking is available. Since my key accounts use more than just a password (and routinely changed) I’m not as concerned. However, checking the others is not feasible in the one-by-one manner using the key combination mentioned. I look forward to your continuous integration.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@schneida: You can certainly check a few of your most critical accounts rather quickly. And keep in mind that if you've generated a long, strong, unique password for a site, there's no reason to go through the hassle of changing it (to an equally strong, random password) unless it has been compromised. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.