How do I import passwords from lastpass?

I'm on windows 7 using chrome. How do I import passwords from lastpass?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@Richie99999 ,

Which version of 1Password are you using, and are you using 1Password.com for Families (or Teams) ?

• Richie99999
    Richie99999
    Community Member
    edited February 2018

The single version. I haven't installed it yet. 1Password X is what I plan to use. Or should I use another app?
    I installed 1Password X and imported the lastpass passwords. Is there a way for 1Password X to not just fill in the username and password but also to auto login too?

• @Richie99999: I'm glad to hear the import went well! Right now, 1Password X cannot auto-submit, but it should properly focus a field in the sign in form allowing you to just press Enter to sign in. :+1:

• I have an individual 1Password membership. I’m guessing you do too if you are using X. The apps are generally easier to deal with along with the browser extension imho.

I used these instructions I think, https://support.1password.com/import-lastpass/

One caveat, was every once In a while I would get a password that didn’t work. What was happening was that the browser converted ‘&’ to its html encoded entity, ‘&’ ugh, so fhrt635& became fhrt635&

Download that emergency kit and store your secret key somewhere.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for chipping in, @AlwaysSortaCurious! :+1:

If our standard 1Password extension works better for you, it is great. :) Let us know if you have any issues with your URLs, we will be happy to help.

Cheers,
    Greg

• Richie99999
    Richie99999
    Community Member

Is there another app or download that has the auto-submit feature? Do you plan on adding auto-submit at some time?

• @AlwaysSortaCurious: We've addressed that &amp issue in an update to the guide. It only happens in two situations:

1. You export from the LastPass extension.
    2. You export using Firefox.

This looks to be an issue with the export itself, rather than the import process, so we added warnings to the guide to let folks know. :+1:

@Richie99999: If you use the desktop apps and the standard extension (I really need a better way to differentiate it from 1Password X), autosubmit is enabled by default and you can enable or disable it both globally and per item. Give it a try and let us know what you think. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.