vaults

rozg
rozg
Community Member

I have a personal gmail account and just opened a second gmail account for my business.
I want to make sure that the password for this new account is saved to my "business vault" not my "personal vault."
1password seems to see both at "gmail" so how do I make sure these are kept separate?

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:vaults

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@rozg - I'm not sure what you mean by "make sure these are kept separate" - when you create a new item (even if it's for the same site as another item you already have in 1Password), you can choose which vault to save it into. If you have a "business" vault already set up, then choose that one. If not, you may need to create a separate vault for business-related items, if this is your first.

1Password has a view called All Vaults, which will allow you to see the contents of ALL your vaults, mixed together. But just because they're displayed together doesn't mean they're actually combined; items remain in their separate vaults, and items from one account are not visible within another account just because they're displayed side-by-side in 1Password for Mac. I hope that makes sense for you; if that's not what you meant or were trying to accomplish, can you clarify it a bit for me? Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.