Creating different types of fields in the top section of an Item

I'd like to know if I'm missing something, or if it just isn't implemented yet. When adding a new field in the top default section, you can't change the type of field to, for example, a one time password field.
I'm guessing you could manually do it if you changed the template, but I'm not comfortable with doing that until there's an easy way to edit templates.

https://gfycat.com/DefiantHappyDarwinsfox

1Password Version: 7.0.519
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey, @ajh0912! You're not missing anything, that section is specifically for fields that are part of the default template. Anything extra would go below, though you're not required to enter a section name for the new one, so saving an OTP there will make it appear as though it's part of the main section when you save it (though, perhaps with a bit too much white space to look quite right). Your OTPs are also copied to your clipboard automatically when you sign into an account with an OTP in 1Password, no matter where the OTP is located on that list of fields, so it's easily accessible regardless of its location. :chuffed:

• ajh0912
    ajh0912
    Community Member
    edited February 2018

That's what I've been doing so far, but I'd like to have them all together, without the whitespace gap. I get that this obviously isn't a priority.

Am I correct in thinking the only way to edit the item templates is to use the 1Password CLI and be on 1Password Pro? And that the template editing is not that stable? Please +1 the request for templates for normal users. Thanks

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@ajh0912: You are correct: Custom Templates is a beta feature for Pro Teams at the moment. Thank you for your feedback! :+1: Hopefully, we will have more information about them in the future, so please stay tuned.

If there is anything else we can help you with, feel free to reach out to us anytime. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.