I can't enter my standalone license number on new install of 1 P for a Mac being recovered

mbolinga
mbolinga
Community Member

I have a standalone license that says it can be used on as many Macs as needed. I've had it installed on 3 Macs, but now that I am trying to reinstall on one that has been recovered, there is nowhere to enter the License number. I have installed version 5, have synced my data from Dropbox, but it continues to say I'm on a 30 day trial. When I try to enter the license, it doesn't provide a place to enter it, rather it goes to my Finder window. How do I get the license number into this installation?

1Password Version: 5.0.2
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: OS 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:standalone license

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @mbolinga! A couple of things: make sure you downloaded from us and not from the Mac App Store. They're nearly identical, but the Mac App Store version is tied to your Apple ID so it doesn't require a license like our version does. So, if you haven't actually purchased via the Mac App Store, downloading it will result in data being in Read Only mode.

If you downloaded and installed from us (AgileBits), then what 1Password is asking you for is your license file. That would've been emailed to you at time of purchase; if you can locate your original purchase confirmation, there is a link inside called "Click here to apply your 1Password license" (wording has varied slightly over the years). Do you still have that email?

This discussion has been closed.