To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Updating from 4.6 to 6.8+

T_Miller
T_Miller
Community Member

Hello, i have searched through with no luck finding the exact answer i am looking for (sorry if asking again), new computer and was installing software, and noticed a new version of 1password that was not stand along version to my understanding. I have purchased a software key when i bought current computer.

6.8 you need to have a 1 password account correct?

I have found the information on how to migrate once setting up, so this part makes sense
https://support.1password.com/trial-expired/#add-your-license

Main question is do i have to start paying the monthly subscription once updating? or another standalone fee? or will my software key work on this with no issues or limitations

As i did not see a place to enter it in the app (i think it might be through the 1password account)

Thank You

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@T_Miller: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! There isn't an "update" process from 1Password for Windows version 4 because version 6 is a completely new app which uses 1Password.com accounts instead of local vaults. You won't have a "key" or any other kind of license for 1Password 6 because none exist, and there's no option for that in the app. You can, however, easily migrate to a 1Password.com membership if you want to take advantage of all of its benefits, which includes that and the rest of the apps:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Otherwise, you can continue using local vaults with the version you paid for as long as you have computers it can run on. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• T_Miller
    T_Miller
    Community Member
    edited March 2018

@brenty i understand i can setup a 1password.com membership and migrate, once i do this do i need to start paying the monthly subscription to use the service? or does the license transfer over and eliminate any ongoing fees

• 1Password membership is a subscription service, and is the only way 1Password 6 for Windows is available.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.