To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Moved keychain to icloud from dropbox and now my membership stopped working.

pruscito
pruscito
Community Member

I bought the multi device plan a while ago and after making this change my device and computer stopped working. Is there an upcharge for using iCloud over Dropbox? I just want to access my stuff. Also, I can't seem to figure out which email address I used to sign up.

Thanks,

Paul

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Moved keychain to icloud from dropbox and now my membership stopped working.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pruscito: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! I'm not actually sure what you mean, but hopefully a quick overview will help get us on the same page:

• If you have a subscription for a 1Password.com membership, that allows you to use 1Password on all your devices. This does not, however, involve Dropbox or iCloud in any way. Those are also not our services and we don't charge for them. Sync is built into 1Password.com already.
    • If you purchased the standalone 1Password app — for example, 1Password for Mac — that allows you to use that version. You could then also purchase the other 1Password apps for other devices, and use Dropbox or iCloud to sync your data between them yourself.

So, I guess the question is, are you subscribed to a 1Password.com membership or not? I look forward to hearing back from you!

• pruscito
    pruscito
    Community Member

I am subscribed for multiple devices including my mac. I only brought up Dropbox and iCloud because originally, I used Dropbox to store my 1P keyfile, if that's what you call it. I recently moved the keyfile to iCloud instead using the 1Password preferences

Now 1P thinks I don't have an account and if I go to the "Accounts" tab on either of my Macs or my iPhone it shows empty. I think I upgraded to multi device on my phone a few years ago but I forget. It's asking me if I want to buy 1P again.

• pruscito
    pruscito
    Community Member

I also couldn't figure out how to log into 1P website to confirm or reset my password. I don't think I saved that information which I think is stupid. I only have 4 emails that I could have used to sign in originally.

• pruscito
    pruscito
    Community Member

I don't know if it makes a difference but I did a fresh install of my OS and am reloading all my apps etc but that's only one computer. The other computer and phone are experiencing the same problem now.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@pruscito

I am subscribed for multiple devices including my mac.

When you subscribe to a 1password.com account, you subscribe per person (you, and possibly family members if you choose a 1Password Families account), not per-device. I mention this because I'm still not sure we're talking about the same things here. Whether you use 1Password standalone with local data or you have a 1password.com account, you can use multiple devices. What brenty was trying to ascertain is if you have signed up for a 1password.com account.

If the "Accounts" tab of 1Password for Mac is empty, that likely means you don't have a 1password.com membership/account (but correct me if I'm wrong!), but have instead been using 1Password in standalone mode with local data. There is no "upcharge" to use iCloud OR Dropbox, but at this point, to get a better idea of what's going on with your devices, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#ZVX-53832-965]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @pruscito only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: ZVX-53832-965

• pruscito
    pruscito
    Community Member

Let me send some details in a minute. I made two purchases both on the app store. First was for just one person. Then there was a special offer a couple of years later that I took advantage of. Both happened on app store and my app store email is also pruscito@mac.com if that helps. I'll send the text of the order shortly.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@pruscito - sounds good! Let's keep the conversation going via email, as this will likely involve personally-identifying details of your 1Password setup that are better discussed in private than on this public forum. :)

This discussion has been closed.