Does Face ID work with 1Password on iPhone X? [yes: https://support.1password.com/face-id/ has info]

Options
Starflyer
Starflyer
Community Member
edited March 2018 in iOS

I went into Face ID & Passcode/log-in/Other Apps/1Password. The slider is turned on, but it doesn't allow me access into my 1Password account. So, without the finger scanner, I'm left typing my access 1Password in EVERYTIME.

I assume since in seems to offer access with Face ID, I'm doing something wrong. If so, what do I have to do to activate it?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2018
    Options

Hi @Starflyer

1Password does indeed support Face ID on the Phone X. It requires that Face ID be enabled to unlock the device, which also requires a passcode be set for the phone. Once you have Face ID configured for unlocking the iPhone please launch 1Password, unlock with your Master Password, and then navigate to Settings > Security, where you’ll be able to enable Face ID.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Starflyer
    Starflyer
    Community Member
    Options

I did all that without results before except " Settings > Security, where you’ll be able to enable Face ID." When I went there, "Face ID" was already enabled.

Closed that page and suddenly iPassword started using my sad face! Love it as I was getting very tired of typing my long 1Password password in.

Go figure...

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear that worked. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.