Show username in 1Password mini

meilon
meilon
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi,
thanks for the so far great 1Password 7 beta.

But there is one feature I miss: Please show the username in 1Password mini (as an optional feature) so I know which of my multiple accounts I want to choose for the same site.

Kind regards
meilon

1Password Version: 7.0.532
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2018

Hi there @meilon,

Thank you for reaching out!

We do show the usernames in 1Password mini:

Does it look different for you? If it does, then something is not right. Please let us know. :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• meilon
    meilon
    Community Member
    edited March 2018

Okay, then this is a bug:

What more details do you need from me?

EDIT: I just edited one of the two and now the username appears below the title in app and mini. 1Password 7 beta migrated my .agilekeychain to .opvault, could this be the root of the problem?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @meilon,

Thank you for the additional info! There might be a bug with the import process. Could you please specify how did you edit your imported item? Was there a username in your item before that edit?

In the meantime, I will test this behaviour on my side and try to reproduce it. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• tomo051
    tomo051
    Community Member

Hi,

Having the same bug as @meilon, if I go and click edit item and then save, without making any changes, the username appears below login in app and mini.
    Also migrated my .agilekeychain to. opvault.

Regards,
    Tomislav

• Hi @meilon,

This is not a bug but a limitation of the AgileKeychain format and 1Password 4 for Windows, it never had the data saved to render the subtitle for all items.

We are looking into a solution in 1Password 7 to render them on the fly for any items that doesn't have a subtitle saved. Once we do, it would be done in real time and you wouldn't have to do anything. However, we need to make sure this is consistent with all 1Password apps and we're working on addressing that first.

• meilon
    meilon
    Community Member

@Greg,

yes, I just deleted the notes I added to the one login and didn't change anything else before saving. Simply clicking edit and then save like @tomo051 suggested works, too. I will do that for the few multiple logins I have until this is fixed.

@MikeT,

but it already worked with AgileKeychain under iOS and macOS. It works with OPVault, too, right now. I guess these apps do it differently from what you are planning for all flavors of 1Password apps.

• Hi @meilon,

Yep, that is correct. Mac and iOS apps render the subtitles on the fly for existing items that had no saved subtitle, which we don't do yet on Windows. If you update an item in OPVault, we will write an updated subtitle to the item, which both iOS and macOS apps do as well.

The question we're asking, is this the right way to go on all platforms or should we change how we approach this for cross-platform consistency. If we should render on the fly, is there any point of saving the said subtitle to disk?

• meilon
    meilon
    Community Member

Having a subtitle makes only sense if you want to fill it with something another field can't provide or you want different values for different data rows. In my opinion the username is the only thing that makes sense for me to put into the subtitle for login items.

For all the other login types this is a different story. For CCs the CC number makes sense, but for passwords you show the edit date, bank accounts the name of the bank (in EU the IBAN would be more helpful for me), Memberships don't have any subtitle, licenses show the version number, and reward programs also show nothing (in my vaults)

I never thought about that way. An IT guy like me would love to name the fields for each category in the advanced settings that should be used to render the subtitle on the fly. I have no idea what this would cost performance wise (edit, save and jumping to the next item is very slow atm.), but that would leave the choice to the user.
    But the app should be snappy, so when converting to opvault (or via a debug command for already converted vaults) prefilling the subtitle field will help I guess. And if a user wants to change the subtitle of one item, just right click on the field name and click "choose as subtitle" or something like that.

• MikeT
    edited March 2018

Hi @meilon,

We already have a predefined relationship "map" for each category, so we know what to use for the subtitle. You can edit any items right now and you'll see the subtitle is there after you save it. Edit your credit card (without changing) and save it, you'll see the censored cc number shows up.

We have a strict policy not to modify any data unless it is absolutely vital. In this case, when we convert your existing vault to OPVault, there was no saved data for subtitles but subtitles aren't a user-level data. Do we modify the data to include subtitles to make it a better experience for everyone out of the box or just put it in a separate table in the local database and not export to OPVault external files until the user edits the item. We are not sure what the other apps are doing as they're not documented, so we're waiting for a final confirmation before we fix this in a beta update for 1Password 7.

This discussion has been closed.