Beta testing 7.0 and impact on installed 1Password 6, AppStore Version

Valentin
Valentin
Community Member

Good day! I would like to benefit of the introductory price for MacOS 1Password 7.0 stand-alone version and would like to contribute to beta-testing. I have two questions:
1/ Will version 7 replace my currently used version 6 (Mac AppStore license)?
2/ Will there be a Mac AppStore version 1Password 7? Background: My current 1Password 6 is a AppStore license and I value the convenience of updating via the same mechanism as on iOS.

For the 1Password support team: I am like some other users who require to choose my sync method. For me it's iCloud right now, I used Dropbox and WiFi Sync and I value that I can move around my data. I am not opposed to paying a subscription, I understand your rational for introducing subscriptions. Just take this with you, please: I am happy to pay for subscription, but I must keep the ability to sync with whatever service which I choose.

Best regards

Valentin.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• rudy
    edited March 2018

@Valentin,

The Version 7 license has no interaction with the Mac App Store version. Apple doesn't allow external licensing systems to be used.

There will be a MAS version, but we don't know if standalone in-app-purchase will be available.

There isn't anything preventing you from having a subscription for "licensing" purposes and then utilizing only standalone vaults with iCloud/Dropbox/WLAN Sync. You'd sign into the account with the native applications and then remove the account vaults from being included in the All Vaults section of preferences.

Rudy

• Valentin
    Valentin
    Community Member

Thank you Rudy. Clear answer. I just read the user manual and understand now that under advanced syncing options I will be able to choose to keep syncing with bypassing 1password.com. This wasn't clear to me from the discussion forum.

V.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Also, if it helps, I have both apps here without any problem. Cheers! :)

• Valentin
    Valentin
    Community Member

Yes. It helps. Thank you. V.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.