1Password 7 beta for Windows messes up tag capitalization after conversion to OPVault

drclvs
drclvs
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I've been using (and stuck with) 1Password 4 for Windows until now. After trying out the new 1Password 7 beta that supports Dropbox sync, the conversion from AgileKeychain to OPVault seems to have messed up my tags. Some of my tags are now called "Apps" instead of "apps" and the total item count for each tag differs. Is this expected? This was never an issue when I was using 1Password 4 and latest 1Password app on iOS.

1Password Version: 7.0.532
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• drclvs
    drclvs
    Community Member

I found the answer through the "known issues" notes:

1Password 7 does not support folders and it will convert your existing folders to tags.

Basically, this means I can't go back to 1Password 4 if I try out the new version?

• Hi @drclvs,

Thanks for reporting this.

Basically, this means I can't go back to 1Password 4 if I try out the new version?

You can, we do not touch your original AgileKeychain vault. We create a new OPVault folder right next to it, so you can keep using your original vault intact in 1Password 4 while testing 1Password 7 Betas. We also automatically back up your new OPVault while using 1Password 7 beta.

You can open the new OPVault folder in 1Password 4 and see the list of tags by going to the search field and press Alt+Down. It looks like this:

1Password 4 didn't have first-class support for tags, 1Password 7 would be the first Windows version to do so for standalone vaults.

However, if you make changes in 1Password 7, then they won't sync back to the original vault, which is intentional to protect your data while you test 1Password 7 Betas.

Some of my tags are now called "Apps" instead of "apps" and the total item count for each tag differs. Is this expected? This was never an issue when I was using 1Password 4 and latest 1Password app on iOS.

We do preserve the capitalization when we convert your AgileKeychain to OPVault, here's what I see when I did it now:

Is it possible you created a separate tag in the iOS version of 1Password that you didn't see in 1Password 4 and 1Password 7 merged them in, thus the different item counts?

This discussion has been closed.