extension authorization window for 1P doesn't appear

Options
maalterman
maalterman
Community Member

I've installed 1P and I'm trying to get the Safari extension to work. I've installed the extension and it gives me a 6-digit number in Safari to compare to the app. The problem is no window appears in the app to compare the number to, and I can't find a way to generate it. I've reinstalled 1P, reinstalled the extension, restarted the computer, all in various combinations, and I can't make it work.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.0
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: sec through app

Comments

• maalterman
    maalterman
    Community Member
    Options

There also seems to be an issue with the program getting hung up connecting to 1Password Mini.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @maalterman! I'm not entirely sure what's going on with your installation of 1Password, just based on what you've described it might be a few things. But let's try this first:

1. Disable & remove 1Password extension in Safari.
    2. Quit Safari and any other running browsers
    3. Quit 1Password and the Mini by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu)
    4. Delete 1Password app. Don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app to your Mac's Trash, then empty the trash.
    5. Restart your Mac.
    6. Visit our downloads page and get a fresh copy of the 1Password 6 for Mac installer, and run it.
    7. Open Safari and click Safari menu > Safari extensions - 1Password should be right at the top, but if not, do a search, then install it directly from there (the Safari Extensions Gallery).
    8. Launch 1Password and see whether things are working for you.

Let us know how it goes!

This discussion has been closed.