Standalone license for 1Password 7 for Mac?

jordanborth
jordanborth
Community Member

I'm running the beta and am only seeing the option to sign up for a $2.99 monthly subscription. Is it still possible to purchase a standalone license?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.0.BETA-9 (70000009)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AlexA
    AlexA
    Community Member

I had same issue. Probably you have an account linked to the standalone program. Uninstall it, remove all 1Password leftovers from /Library of the Mac , re-install and then option to buy will appear.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, we don't want 1Password trying to sell you a license if you're signed into a 1Password.com account, as all of the apps are included in that. Let us know how it turns out. :)

• jordanborth
    jordanborth
    Community Member

Will I lose my data? Currently it seems as though I was enrolled in a 1Password.com account…

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jordanborth: If you have a 1Password.com membership, why are you trying to purchase a license?

• jordanborth
    jordanborth
    Community Member

Is it possible to purchase a year upfront? It's paid through my business and expensing the monthly purchase is a hassle

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jordanborth: Yep! We offer both monthly plans and annual payment. Just select that when you setup billing and you'll be good to go. You should have plenty of time during the trial period to clear things with your company too. Cheers! :)

• Kepi
    Kepi
    Community Member

Not exactly purchasing a year at a time, but you can get gift cards for 1Password.com.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Kepi: Thank you! Indeed, that's a good point. Perhaps that may be easier, if the company doesn't provide a credit card to use, or reimbursement when using your own. :)

• ADMIRA
    ADMIRA
    Community Member

Hi, How can I purchase the standalone version as it is not available under Pricing options?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @ADMIRA! If you downloaded 1Password 7 for Mac from the Mac App Store, then you won't have the immediate option to purchase standalone licenses, because as of version 7 the Mac App Store version of 1Password supports only our 1password.com membership options. If you would like a standalone license, please Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu), then delete 1Password by dragging it to your Mac's Trash. Then visit our downloads page and grab a copy of 1Password 7 for Mac from there. Once you install that, you'll either get offered a welcome screen that has the option, or (if you already have data inside 1Password 7 for Mac from the Mac App Store version), you'll see that the data is in read-only mode; clicking the Read Only badge will bring up the same "welcome" screen. Just click the link that says "Need a license? We have those too," and you'll be taken to our FastSpring store where you can purchase a standalone license.

• ADMIRA
    ADMIRA
    Community Member

Thank you

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ADMIRA - you're quite welcome! Glad I was able to assist. :)

This discussion has been closed.