Use a different unlock password other than master password for windows 1password 6 app

Installed app on a new work laptop (Windows 10) but can't seem to find away to change the unlock password to something other than the master password. I have that setup on my home laptop, but looks like this new version doesn't have that feature?
What am I missing?
App version 6.8.534

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @gopinath,

Thank you for reaching out!

1Password 6 for Windows is focused on our 1Password accounts and uses the Master Password from your 1Password account to get unlocked. We had the ability to change the local password (to unlock the app) in one of the earlier versions of 1Password 6 for Windows, but removed it as it was confusing.

Could you please specify what version of 1Password 6 you are using on your home laptop? Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• gopinath
    gopinath
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

Thanks @Greg I have the same (latest) version on my home laptop - App version 6.8.534
    BTW, it wasn't confusing to me :) I wish you could bring back that option again.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gopinath,

Thank you for your suggestion!

Do you have your only account added to 1Password 6.8.534 on your home laptop? Please let me know.

We have also added Windows Hello support to 1Password 7 Beta for Windows, so you can use fingerprint or PIN to unlock 1Password. Check it out:

Introducing 1Password 7 Beta for Windows

Does it work better for you? :) Thanks!

++
    Greg

• gopinath
    gopinath
    Community Member

Hi @Greg
    Yes, I have just my account added to 1Password on my home laptop.

Will check out 7 Beta later this week and let you know.
    Thanks,
    Gopinath

• @gopinath: To add to Greg's tip about Hello, while Windows calls it a PIN, you can actually check a box to enable letters and symbols in your PIN when setting it up in Windows settings essentially making it a password, if you'd like. :+1:

Let us know what you think of 1Password 7! :chuffed:

• gopinath
    gopinath
    Community Member

Hi @bundtkate
    Unfortunately on my company issued laptop our IT has restricted the option to create/use PIN to sign in.
    So am out of luck there.
    So counting on the developers to bring back the feature that allowed creating separate password/pin for individual apps. ;)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It's not something we can change in Windows, but I'm sure that Microsoft will continue to iterate on Windows Hello to make it more flexible. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.