To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Migrating vaults/data from Cloud -> Standalone

Options
Wells
Wells
Community Member

Despite the title of this thread, I'm actually going to be purchasing a membership after I post this and migrating to a cloud account. I'm suuuuper salty about it, but given that there's no local sync between 1PW7 for Windows and iOS, my choices are either stick with an outdated version of 1PW (not great to not update your security software), migrate to the cloud account (not thrilled but this isn't the venue for that discussion), or sync via Dropbox (I'm not hurting for 3bux a month, and involving a third party makes more trouble than it's worth for everyone).

So let's say in the future AgileBits re-introduces some form of local sync between Windows & iOS and I want to migrate back to a standalone license. What are the options for migrating in this way and are there any that don't particularly involve pulling out tons of hair? I'm concerned about losing things like entry metadata/tags/folders/files attached to entries/etc. I think I read somewhere that the data format for the cloud membership vaults isn't 1:1 with opvault, but I'm not sure about that. Can cloud accounts be exported to opvault format and imported as standalone vaults losslessly? Is the export to 1Password Interchange Format what I'm looking for here?

So, without any context: Can you/how do you migrate from a cloud account/vault to a standalone vault without losing entry metadata?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Wells: Data — meta or otherwise — will not be lost, but part of it will be a manual process. Documents exist only as discrete items in 1Password.com accounts, so you would need to export those and then add them as file attachments to items in a local vault. Also, there is no notion of linking items together in local vaults. Other than that the data structures are, today, compatible (though that may change in the future as we add additional features to 1Password.com), and it's just a matter of copying items from one vault to another. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions!

• Wells
    Wells
    Community Member
    Options

Awesome, that's good to know. My volume of file attachments is pretty low, so I can handle that part manually, especially if I know it's coming before the fact.

As an aside, it turns out Stripe doesn't take discover (which I knew I guess, I just didn't know that you guys used them) so it's probably going to be a week before I'm able to sign up >_<

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Wells: Ah, sorry about that. I wanted to use my Discover card too... :(

Glad to know that the attachments thing isn't a dealbreaker and would be manageable. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.