To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Creating a login for the Secret Key. How did you do this?

Options
Mr. Laser Beam
Mr. Laser Beam
Community Member

I’m intrigued by this thing I found in my Twitter timeline:

It appears to be a login specifically tailored for the Secret Key. How did you do this? Is this a new category or something?

Comments

• Kepi
    Kepi
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

It's just the key emoji in a section title of a Login item.

Like so:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Mr. Laser Beam: Indeed, that's not a category, just a section title with an emoji in it. Sure looks nice though! :)

• Mr. Laser Beam
    Mr. Laser Beam
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Has there been a new version of 1P (Mac) that just came out? I asked about that screenshot on Twitter and I was told (by 1P itself) that I’d “just have to wait and see”...so I thought this was some kind of feature upgrade

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

1PW 7 is in beta, but I don't know when the full version will be released "Wait and see" might be related to that.

• Mr. Laser Beam
    Mr. Laser Beam
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

I tried creating a login to match what was in that screenshot, but it didn’t work (for example, it wouldn’t let me add the ‘account’ and ‘vault’ entries).

So can I assume that 1PW 7 will somehow let me do this?

(Another thing is that I’m trying to do this on an iOS device because I don’t have access to my computer. Maybe that also has something to do with it?)

• Mr. Laser Beam
    Mr. Laser Beam
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Edit: About that entry from the screenshot I posted - the one I was so intrigued by - I was told that it should be generated automatically when I signed up for a !P account. I do have an account, but I don’t have an entry like that (i.e. one with my password, secret key, etc.). I wonder why this is the case? :confused:

• Mr. Laser Beam
    Mr. Laser Beam
    Community Member
    Options

Is there any way to get a starter kit if I don’t already have one?

(I created my account before you started making starter kits, although I would like to have one now.)

• Mr. Laser Beam
    Mr. Laser Beam
    Community Member
    Options

Edit: I know what the problem is.

That thing from the screenshot (which originally grabbed my attention) is apparently a “Starter Kit.”

I signed up for my account before Starter Kits existed. Is there any way I can get one now?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

1PW 7 is in beta, but I don't know when the full version will be released "Wait and see" might be related to that.

@danco: ;) :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I tried creating a login to match what was in that screenshot, but it didn’t work (for example, it wouldn’t let me add the ‘account’ and ‘vault’ entries). So can I assume that 1PW 7 will somehow let me do this?

@Mr. Laser Beam: It isn't possible to add custom fields above the item template in any version of 1Password, but you could absolutely add "account" and "vault" fields (or anything else you want) right now.

(Another thing is that I’m trying to do this on an iOS device because I don’t have access to my computer. Maybe that also has something to do with it?)

You can still create custom fields in 1Password for iOS. It just looks pretty different. :)

Edit: About that entry from the screenshot I posted - the one I was so intrigued by - I was told that it should be generated automatically when I signed up for a !P account. I do have an account, but I don’t have an entry like that (i.e. one with my password, secret key, etc.). I wonder why this is the case? :confused:

Indeed, the "account" and "vault" fields in the screenshot are really only relevant to 1Password.com accounts. They can be helpful for differentiating when you have more than one of those. In 1Password for iOS that information is at the bottom of the item details. Scroll down.

But if you mean the custom 1Password.com account login item, those are generated during the sign up process, but it's something we added later on.

Is there any way to get a starter kit if I don’t already have one? (I created my account before you started making starter kits, although I would like to have one now.)
    I signed up for my account before Starter Kits existed. Is there any way I can get one now? Edit: I know what the problem is. That thing from the screenshot (which originally grabbed my attention) is apparently a “Starter Kit.”

You can create one yourself. But there isn't a way for the 1Password.com website to do this for you after the initial account creation during signup.

This discussion has been closed.