1Password 7 Sidebar Item Count

Options
abriden
abriden
Community Member

Is it intentional that the item-count in the sidebar only applies to Categories and NOT Watchtower items?

If it is, then it's plain dumb. In 1Password 6, item-count applied to Watchtower items. After all, I don't care whether I have 93 or 94 Log-Ins but I do care whether 4 of them are vulnerable, out-of-date, etc. The priorities are completely wrong, as with so much of 1P7.

Also, why is it necessary to have that annoying tab appear/disappear whenever mousing-over the sidebar. Other vendors just set a breakpoint for the width of the sidebar, just as on any webpage ...it's an established and intuitive standard (of course, there lies the reason!).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Sheza
    Sheza
    Community Member
    Options

Completely agree... the tab to expand/close the sidebar is incredibly distracting for many reasons but most of all because it animates every time you so much as hover into the sidebar region.

It took me 10 seconds to come up with a much less annoying option (triangle flips when in collapsed view, of course).

• Jacob
    edited May 2018
    Options

Hey @abriden! Indeed, that inconsistency is a bit odd. I'll chat with the team about getting it improved. :)

Also, why is it necessary to have that annoying tab appear/disappear whenever mousing-over the sidebar. Other vendors just set a breakpoint for the width of the sidebar, just as on any webpage ...it's an established and intuitive standard (of course, there lies the reason!).

We've gotten quite a bit of feedback on this as well and we're still looking into better options.

ref: apple-1394

This discussion has been closed.