Downgrade

Options
SuperAwesomeGuy
SuperAwesomeGuy
Community Member

I made the mistake of thinking that Agilebits was going to make things easy to upgrade. I downloaded 1Password 7 or macOS and now I am stuck in this nonsense where I can't access my vault.

After reading a bit it would seem there is no way to upgrade my family plan, so I would like to just go back to 1Password 6 indefinitely. Could someone point me to a link where I can download the latest version of 1Password 6?

Thanks

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• SuperAwesomeGuy
    SuperAwesomeGuy
    Community Member
    Options

Turns out...

When installing 1Password 7, 1Password 6 was archived in the Applications directory. I simply unzipped it, deleted 1Password 7 and now I am back up and running.

I am glad I like 1Password 6, because it looks like I'll be using it for a long....long time.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @SuperAwesomeGuy

Yes, as you have seen, it is possible to downgrade. However, I am curious to know what exactly went wrong with the upgrade. I am fully willing to help you figure it out so that we can get 1Password 7 all up and running.

While I don't want you to reveal any personal details, as this is a public forum, when you say Family plan, are you referring to a family license or a 1Password families membership?

• SuperAwesomeGuy
    SuperAwesomeGuy
    Community Member
    Options

Simply, I have a family plan that was purchased back in 2013. This has worked flawlessly for my family since that day.

When I downloaded and installed 1Password 7, it created a confusing mess of account/membership creations which I couldn't save or access because my 1Password 7 couldn't be accessed. So, I lost the ability to log into 1Password on macOS, and was stuck in an infinite loop of membership creation.

All the while, the rest of the family is perfectly happy working with 1Password 6.

Basically, all I wanted to do was pay another flat fee and have 1Password 6, upgrade to 1Password 7, with all the features I've purchased over the years. I don't want subscriptions. I don't want another membership. I just want to pay and have my family continue to use the software.

I realize I sound like an old man yelling at the sky, but this just seems too difficult for me.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, you can still do that. You are fully able to purchase a license for 1Password 7 if you'd like to. However, these licenses are individual so each person would need to purchase one. If you want our Family offering, that is a 1Password families membership which provides 1Password membership and all of its benefits for your entire family, all for one price.

If you want to use the license method, however, we can do that. How have you been syncing your 1Password data so far?

This discussion has been closed.