1Password 7 for Mac crashes when I click on "Open and Fill" next to any URL

Options
jnraptor
jnraptor
Community Member

Not sure if it matters, but my default browser is Choosy and not a standard browser.

From the problem report generated when I reopen 1Password:
Exception Type: SIGABRT
Exception Codes: #0 at 0x7fff5ae2bb6e
Crashed Thread: 0
Application Specific Information:
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'Invalid parameter not satisfying: bundleIdentifier != nil'

I have also submitted the problem report.

1Password Version: 7.0.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 7 for Mac crashes when I click on "Open and Fill" next to the URL

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@jnraptor,

Thanks for the report, we're aware that Choosy doesn't currently work with version 7 and are working towards a fix for that specific use case. In the mean time you should be able to set your default browser to a real browser to work around the crash.

Rudy

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Rudy, that would likely explain the crash report, I sent in just yesterday. I would love the fix, as I hesitate to set a default, and break my workflow.

So +1

• Jacob
    Options

On behalf of Rudy, you're welcome for now!

• tjnova
    tjnova
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same general issue on a Mac Mini. Also can't get the Safari extension to work correctly. When I click on the 1Password button on Safari, nothing happens. In Chrome, 1password will open sometimes. Can't get 1password to "open and fill" in either extensions or from the 1password app. Sites will open but nothing fills into the blanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tjnova - I'm sorry things aren't working they way they should -- but you're having which issue? Crashing? Are you using Choosy as your default browser? I'm afraid without a little more information, it's hard to say what might be going on in your specific setup. Can you tell us: what version of macOS you're using, what version of 1Password for Mac, what your default browser is (and what version), and what version of 1Password extension? Also, where do you have 1Password installed - your Applications folder, or somewhere else?

This discussion has been closed.