Installing standalone to another Mac

Options
mmmark
mmmark
Community Member

I'm at a loss how to install v7 to a Mac from scratch. None of the login details/instructions apply to stand alone.

1Password Version: 7.0.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• mmmark
    mmmark
    Community Member
    Options

I also want to add I've already have the v7 on other computers, but this other computer didn't have any version installed. I looked at the pervious regarding links to licenses, but I see nothing like that.

• mmmark
    mmmark
    Community Member
    Options

I've tried this forum, twitter and email. ignored everywhere. What's going on. Others that came after are getting help, but not me.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mmmark - sorry for the delay; while we try to answer people's questions in the order they're received, that's not always the case depending upon circumstances, and things always get a bit crazy around new release times. Most of the time, we're working on the current front page of the forum, for example; today we've got active threads five pages deep, with different people monitoring different ones. Regardless, I'm sorry you've had to wait. Adding another thread for us to reply to and monitor, however, is probably only likely to slow the support experience even further for everyone, including you.

• mmmark
    mmmark
    Community Member
    Options

Well, no thanks for the lecture. Every reply from you guys seems to end with a snotty retort. Maybe someday I get answer after having a dreadful beta 7 experience. Even your public version is a hassle. The upgrade is a disappointment.

• ag_kevin
    edited June 2018
    Options

Hi @mmmark ,

First, if you have not already, download and install 1Password from https://1password.com/downloads/ - the version from the Mac App Store is only for membership accounts.

The easiest way to do it, assuming you will be syncing to the other computers, is to set up sync on the other computers first.

Once sync has been set up on the other computer run 1Password 7 on the "new" computer. At the first screen, choose the sync method that you use to sync the other computers, e.g. iCloud or Dropbox.

If you will not be syncing to other computers, just run 1Password 7 on the "new" computer and click More Options… on the first screen and choose "Create Standalone Vault".

Cheers,
    Kevin

ref: TGE-95514-326

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mmmark: I'm sorry that you feel that way. Can you tell me what you need help with exactly though? You didn't include that information or even the OS you're using in your post, so I'm not sure what you need. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.