Chrome extension stopped working since installing 1Password 7

chuckl
chuckl
Community Member

When I click on the one password extension button, it always opens the mini version of 1Password instead of the extension interface.

My chrome is up to date and I've tried everything from uninstalling/reinstalling the extension, quitting both the main and mini app, restarting chrome, restarting my computer with no luck.

1Password Version: 7.0.2
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @chuckl! I'm not sure I understand you; the mini IS the "extension interface." What were you expecting to have open?

• chuckl
    chuckl
    Community Member

Thanks for the response Lars.

This is the interface I usually had with the extension:

And this is what I see now when I click on the chrome extension button. It shows up at the bottom right of my browser.

• chuckl
    chuckl
    Community Member

@Lars How long does it typically usually take to get support responses. It took 5 days to get the first response and we are going on 3 days for the next one. I'd love to get this figured out.

Thanks!

Chuck

• @chuckl Sorry about the delay – with the launch of 1Password 7, we've been getting a lot of email and forum posts so it's taking longer than usual to respond. But I'm here now, so let's see if we can clear things up. :)

It sounds like there's some confusion about 1Password mini in version 7. It's been completely redesigned, and the interface you're seeing is what 1Password mini is now. In 1Password 6, 1Password mini was the same as the extension, and that's the same in 1Password 7, but we redesigned mini. Learn more about it in the announcement blog post.

• chuckl
    chuckl
    Community Member

Thanks. I figured that might be the case. Is there a way to change the location of the input screen?

As you can see on my second image above, it's about a 500 pixel swing of the mouse from the extension button to the mini interface each time I need to input a password.

I can use the keystrokes as a backup if not, but it's nice to be able to be mouse-driven at times.

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

Hi @chuckl! You can move the Mini window from the bottom-right corner of screen to the top-right corner (or wherever you want it!) and it'll remember that position for next time. :wink:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@chuckl: If it helps, there isn't currently a lot of "drag" space to work with when 1Password mini is unlocked. But if you lock it, it's easy to click anywhere to drag the window. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• chuckl
    chuckl
    Community Member

Thanks guys.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.