Can't sign in on Android 8 - doesn't accept master password (solved), thumb ID not working

randulo
randulo
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Android

I was using 1password with Dropbox, but recently decided to register and subscribe to 1password.com. (Let me abbreviate to 1P.)
After what I assume was an update, it showed it was ready to accept a thumbprint, but every time I tried to use it, it just dropped off to home screen. I have the latest version on MacOS, Chrome extension and Android. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Android app because it wasn't working properly. When it asks me to log in the first time, I used scanned the image and it signed me in, but it doesn't accept the master password that works fine on the desktop.

1Password Version: 7.0.3
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: OSX 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• randulo
    randulo
    Community Member

Ok, I did log in. The problem was that "master password" seems to be one thing on desktop and another on the app. Still, a worse problem. The app used to all thumbprint login. Now it asks for the password each time. Placing my thumb on the reader just kills the app. There is an 1P icon at the status bar when consulted it says "Vault added: Personal".
    My phone, OnePlus 3T just added face recognition in the past week. Thumb still works for most things, but could that have messed up 1P?

• randulo
    randulo
    Community Member

As soon as 1password is unlocked by fingerprint, it exits to home screen. Not the case with PIN or Master password. I think the previous version world or the recent Android/Oxygen update broke it. It now offers face recognition. I can't seem to make 1password work in any useful way on Android.

1Password Version: 7.0.3
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: 10.13.5
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• @randulo I'm glad to hear that you were able to get signed in to your account in 1Password on your OnePlus 3T. I suspect that the difference in Master Password for signing into your account versus unlocking 1Password on your Mac is because the latter is still using the Master Password for unlocking your standalone vault in Dropbox. Does that make sense with what you're seeing?

It's certainly possible that the update to your OnePlus 3T is causing problems with Fingerprint Unlock in 1Password. Fingerprint Unlock relies on coupling the cryptography that we use to protect your data with the fingerprint sensor on your device. If something has gotten broken in the update, then that could explain the crash that you are seeing. If you get prompted by the OS to submit a crash report, please send that along so that we can follow up and investigate further on our end.

• @randulo Since it's on the same subject, I merged your newest message into this thread as well :)

• randulo
    randulo
    Community Member

Thanks. The password thing is what you said so I got that sorted. As for the other, it's a silly thing. Putting the the thumb on the reader can touch the home button. I'm still waiting to see how useful 1p is on mobile, but at least these problems are both solved.

• @randulo I'm glad to hear that both issues are resolved for you and that it isn't actually a crash you're experiencing with Fingerprint Unlock. If you have any other questions about using 1Password on mobile, please don't hesitate to ask!

This discussion has been closed.