Migration to 1password.com Account lost secure attachments

NilsHamburg
NilsHamburg
Community Member

Hi,

I just registered my 1password.com account and tried to migrate by following your instructions for Android. (Select all and copy) I use Dropbox for syncing. None of my attachments was created as a document as described by the migration documentation.

To be honest: I lost quite a bit of confidence in 1password because there also was no error message and data was lost. Fortunately I still have the old vault in Dropbox.

Best,
Nils

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 8.1
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• @NilsHamburg I'm sorry to hear that you were having trouble migrating your data into your new 1Password.com account. Although the current version of 1Password for Android can display Documents in 1Password.com accounts, it can't yet create them. Because of this, we should be showing a dialog to warn you that attachments can't yet be copied over in the form of new Document items.

From my testing, it looks like that dialog shows up as expected when you attempt to copy a single item that has an attachment. However, when I tried copying multiple items (some of which had attachments), I found that the dialog was not shown. That's definitely a bug on our part and one that I'll be sure to follow-up on with my team.

We're currently working on 1Password 7 and have a number of features already implemented in the beta. One such feature is the ability to create Documents from 1Password for Android. With that piece now in place, we're one step closer to being able to convert attachments into Document items when copying into 1Password.com accounts.

• NilsHamburg
    NilsHamburg
    Community Member

Thank you very much for your efforts. Awesome support.

• @NilsHamburg You're very welcome! Of course, I'll be even happier saying that once we've got the issue you encounter resolved ;)

This discussion has been closed.