macOS 10.14 Safari Compatibility

Options
2»

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey, thanks for letting us know. It's weird that this is only happening to some people. I guess it may be related to Mohave though since my High Sierra Mac with the Safari 12 Technology Preview isn't affected. Hmm...

• stevewpalmer
    stevewpalmer
    Community Member
    Options

If you want to get the Install button to show up on the Apple Extensions page from Safari in Mojave beta, enable the Safari Developer menu and tick "Allow Unsigned Extensions" from the bottom of the Develop menu. Then refresh the page.

• rudy
    Options

@stevewpalmer,

We definitely do not recommend allowing unsigned extensions be enabled. You'd be much better off navigating to the Safari Extension Gallery via a path other than from the AgileBits.com website. The install button will display on that page.

• stevewpalmer
    stevewpalmer
    Community Member
    Options

Understood, but following the links in this thread using Safari in Mojave or any route at all won't bring up the Install button for me unless I temporarily allow unsigned extensions.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback. To be clear: were you able to get the extension installed?

Ben

• rudy
    Options

@stevewpalmer,

If you copy/paste the link into a browser tab it will, just not with agilebits.com as the referrer attached to the request.

• stevewpalmer
    stevewpalmer
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, copy and paste does indeed work. Thanks, Rudy! Ben - yes - was able to get the extension installed and it works fine.

• Ben
    Options

Great, thanks for the update. :)

Ben

• tanguy
    tanguy
    Community Member
    Options

hi,
    whenever I go to the extension gallery, there is no install button under the 1password logo...
    I don't have any content blocker, no antivirus running, no out of date certificates...
    I've looked and read but haven't found a solution yet.
    I believe it's not a 1password issue but help would be appreciated as 1password without the extension is less useful :-/

Thanks !
    T

1Password Version: 7.07
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: OSX 10.13.6
    Sync Type: 1password.com

• tanguy
    tanguy
    Community Member
    Options

yep. still not working with copy and paste link...

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

Just reloading the webpage, worked for me
    using the reverse arrow circle in the address field
    it made the install button/link appear

• tanguy
    tanguy
    Community Member
    Options

reloading doesn't do anything 😩. but thanks @Gilles9 for the tip !

• Ben
    Options

@tanguy

Do you have a content blocker installed?

Ben

• woodmeister50
    woodmeister50
    Community Member
    Options

I followed the one suggestion I saw here and it worked and allowed installation of the 1Password extension.
    What I did, from 1Password7, select the Install Browser Extensions.. menu item.
    When the webpage opened with the install button, right clicked on the button and did the Copy Link.
    Then I pasted that into the address box and it took me to the page with the download/install enabled.

Any other approach takes you to the same page but does not have the download/install link.

BTW, so far 1Password7 seems to be working okay with Mojave public beta 10.14 Beta (18A353d).

I did have some issues getting it installed and licensed but resolved it (standalone version).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

So weird, but I'm glad that worked for you. Thank you for sharing! :)

• griffingaryl
    griffingaryl
    Community Member
    Options

I just updated to Mohave, and the Safari extension doesn't seem to be working. When I go to install the extensions, it tries to open with 1Password 7, but then it says it can not find the app.

Anyone else having issues with Mohave?

• fabx
    fabx
    Community Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

Yes, same here. The right-click-menu (no idea how it's called in osx) also does not have 1password anymore.

I am using:
    1Password 7 Version 7.2.1 (70201002) and trying https://safari-extensions.apple.com/details/?id=com.agilebits.onepassword4-safari-2BUA8C4S2C this extension

edit:
    Reinstallation of 1Password (Homepage, not app shop) and the extension, followed by restart fixed it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@griffingaryl: You'll need to update to 1Password for Mac 7.2 or newer since that includes the new Safari App Extension.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@fabx: Indeed, we'll be moving away from contextual menu items, as many folks don't like the menu getting cluttered up. It's something we'll continue to evaluate, but the plan is to get rid of it altogether.

Fortunately, there are already many ways to access 1Password:

• Click the menu bar icon to open 1Password mini
    • Click the browser toolbar icon to open 1Password mini
    • Press ⌘ ⌥ \ to open 1Password mini
    • Press ⌘ \ to fill login / show 1Password

And if you use browsers other than Safari and like clicking, you may also want to check out 1Password X, since that has an inline menu that can be used right in login forms.

However, the contextual menu is there for now, in 7.2.1. Cheers! :)

• griffingaryl
    griffingaryl
    Community Member
    Options

OK...just a note then within 1Password. I guess going to the menu > Install Browser Extensions takes you to the page where it installs the old extension (where it's not working). I am running 7.2 now.

I removed the old extension and restarted and it's working. However, I was thrown off initially as I'm used to access 1password via the contextual menu and not having to click the menu bar. However, I do like the shortcuts available. Just have to get used to it!!

Thanks!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@griffingaryl: Correct. I'm sorry for the confusion there. Safari is in a bit of a transitional phase between its various extension options, so the old installable extension will need to continue to exist for folks using older versions until Apple kills that off completely. Anyway, glad that all is well now, and that you're enjoying the keyboard shortcuts. :)

• fabx
    fabx
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Thanks for the info! I wouldn't have missed the right-click-menu. The shortcuts are really great and I completely understand the argument about the menu being cluttered up. I just mentioned it because I thought it was a bug. I'll read the patch notes the next time :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No worries! Never hurts to check. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.