Downloadable updates frequently but MAS ?

Why no updates for the MAS version!!!???

Comments

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    Since there is a review process for Mac App Store application updates, we're getting the non-Mac App Store version of 1Password into the hands of customers who bought 1Password from our store. While we work to update the Mac App Store version, our non-MAS customers can experience the latest changes. This enables us to catch and resolve as many issues as possible before we submit the MAS version update to Apple.

Thanks for your enthusiasm! We're excited to get the next update to you as quickly as possible.
  • hmurchison
    hmurchison
    Community Member
    Frequent updates are a weaknesses not a strength. While it's likely that bugs are being fixed having too many
    updates can cause new bugs to appear. I have other apps that tend to update frenetically and at times it's a
    pain to have to do a Sparkle update every time I launch the app.

There's a certain euphoria about updates though where we feel like improvements are being made and I think that's
    why many users like them.
  • shinratdr
    shinratdr
    Community Member
    brenty wrote:

I agree to a point, hmurchison. I think it is a continuum, though. Too aggressive, and you end up introducing new problems; too lax, and fixes aren't getting to the folks who need them soon enough. It is a process, and we try our best to strike a balance between the two. :)

Well the MAS version has been up for a month and we haven't gotten a single update. That's a pretty crappy balance if you ask me.
This discussion has been closed.