Vaults vary between multiple iOS devices and Web Subscription

Options
charlie_colosky
charlie_colosky
Community Member

I have been reading through the Forum discussions, but think I just got myself more confused. I seem to have two problems (possibly related).

I have several devices with 1Password and a Subscription Account.

iPad Pro iOS 11.4 1Password 7.06
iPad Mini iOS 11.4 iOS 11.4 1Password 7.06
iPad Air 3 iOS 11.4 1Password 7.06
iPhone 8 iOS 11.4 1Password 7.06

Macbook Air MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 1Password 7.04
iMac (old) MacOS El Capitan 10.11.6 1Password 6.8.9

Problem #1 is with the iPhone 8. The vaults listed on the other iOS (and MacOS) devices are "Primary" "Personal" and "Shared." On the iPhone they are "Personal" and "Shared" only. A big problem since I have been adding new passwords to "Primary" on other machines. I also don't see "Primary" on the web account in the vault list. Only the other two (which do not have complete data in them).

The other more interesting problem happened tonight when I tried to change the Sync file in Dropbox. The entire "Sync" menu selection disappeared:

Where is the Sync selection?? Tried rebooting the phone, but no luck.
Also: why are the vaults different on the iPhone and web than they are on the iPads and my MacBook?
I obviously do not understand some of the workings of 1P7 and Subscription.

Problem #2
Most of the devices work OK and Sync via Dropbox except for the iMac - can't see any other than the old format (1Password.agilekeychain) sync file in Dropbox. New sync file (/Apps/1Password.opvault) made by 1P7 is not visible to 1P6 and I can't figure out how to update the sync file as I understood was possible from some of the comments here.
My question here is: If I need to continue to run 1P6 on the old iMac because it cannot be updated to a new MacOS, can I at least sync new data from 1P7 entries on the other devices (iOS and MacBook Air)?

Sorry for the long data dump, but I had some free time and want to see if I can get this cleaned up before the next wave of work starts.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Charlie

1Password Version: 7.0.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• bensasso
    bensasso
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem #1, i updated my mac to 1Password7 to test. Decided to add my iPhone, now my iPhone has 3 vaults (primary, personal and "another") but my iMac and my iPad (which i have not updated) have only 2 vaults. Personal and "another"

Help, i am still deciding if I should upgrade to version 7, but everything must work better than it did in version 6.
    By the way, I hate being forced to a 10 digit master password, it is a pain to type that much each time.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I have the same problem #1, i updated my mac to 1Password7 to test. Decided to add my iPhone, now my iPhone has 3 vaults (primary, personal and "another") but my iMac and my iPad (which i have not updated) have only 2 vaults. Personal and "another"

@bensasso: The Personal (and probably "another") is part of your 1Password.com account. A Primary vault is a local vault which is completely separate. If you have all of your data in your account, you can safely remove the Primary vault (1Password Settings > Vaults > Primary > Delete).

Help, i am still deciding if I should upgrade to version 7, but everything must work better than it did in version 6. By the way, I hate being forced to a 10 digit master password, it is a pain to type that much each time.

The Master Password is what protects your data, and 10 characters is not very long. That's why it's the absolutely minimum we support. Practice helps, but Touch ID is very convenient too. Just make sure you don't forget your Master Password. Save your Emergency Kit, fill it out, and keep it somewhere secure in case you need it.

• charlie_colosky
    charlie_colosky
    Community Member
    Options

Can you please answer may original question (#1) regarding the disappearing Sync function on my iPhone 8 (it is still nowhere to be found on the iPhone)
    Charlie

• Ben
    Options

Hi @charlie_colosky

I’m sorry about that. Yes, I’d be happy to address that for you. A little background is in order to do so. The “Primary” vault is a standalone vault. It isn’t part of a 1Password membership. Only standalone vaults have sync settings that can be configured. 1Password membership-based vaults sync with the membership service and there are no settings for that. As such if you only have membership-based vaults (no Primary vault) you won’t see the sync preferences tab. Unless you have good reason to use the Primary vault, instead of the Personal vault, I’d recommend moving any data over to the Personal vault and then delete the Primary vault.

If you do have such reason you can enable the Primary vault in 1Password > Settings > Vaults > Enable Standalone Vaults (at the bottomm).

I hope that helps!

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@charlie_colosky: I'm not sure how I managed it, but I'm sorry I missed your question. be sure to let us know if you have any others, as we'll get notifications for any further comments you make in this discussion. :blush:

• charlie_colosky
    charlie_colosky
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. No problem. Appreciate the support.
    Charlie

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I can't take credit for helping in this case, but on behalf of Ben you're most welcome. We're here if you need us. :)

This discussion has been closed.