Automatic update occurs without permission and incorrectly reports successful when it's not

Piggy
Piggy
Community Member

Just updated to 7.0.5 after running 'Check for Updates'. As has been the case for a while, the update installs while I am reading the release notes. The release notes window closes before I've finished reading. On my employer's Mac, the update fails because first I have to run a special app to authorize changes to the computer. Even though the update fails, a window is displayed that reports it was successful. Lier! Once I run the special app to authorize changes to the computer, I can run 'Check for Updates' again, and the update occurs as I previously described, but it completes successfully.

Thanks for adding the ability to rename the default vault! I use the naming convention 1-Personal, 2-Work, etc. which corresponds to Command-0, Command-1, Command-2 so it makes sense that I should be able to rename the vaults accordingly. WAIT - Just noticed when I logged into 1password.com the default vault is named 'Private' even though the updated name was synced to all my MacOS and iOS devices.

1Password Version: 7.0.5
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

• Just updated to 7.0.5 after running 'Check for Updates'. As has been the case for a while, the update installs while I am reading the release notes. The release notes window closes before I've finished reading. On my employer's Mac, the update fails because first I have to run a special app to authorize changes to the computer. Even though the update fails, a window is displayed that reports it was successful. Lier! Once I run the special app to authorize changes to the computer, I can run 'Check for Updates' again, and the update occurs as I previously described, but it completes successfully.

Thanks for letting us know.

Thanks for adding the ability to rename the default vault! I use the naming convention 1-Personal, 2-Work, etc. which corresponds to Command-0, Command-1, Command-2 so it makes sense that I should be able to rename the vaults accordingly. WAIT - Just noticed when I logged into 1password.com the default vault is named 'Private' even though the updated name was synced to all my MacOS and iOS devices.

Further discussion on this is available here.

Can I rename the 'Private' vault with 1Password 7? — 1Password Forum

Ben

This discussion has been closed.