To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

What exactly happens when subscription became non-active?

Options
aragnophy
aragnophy
Community Member

I want to go with subscription model but a few unclear questions for me. Passwords are very critical data, which need to be available in any moment, without dependancy of active subscription.

So, if for some reason my payment failed, what will happen with my passwords?
1) I found (in some forum answer) that my vaults will become read-only, so I will lost sync feature (with 1password cloud service) basically, is this correct?
2) What will happen with Mac\Windows apps (v7), will they still function but in read-only mode?
3) Can I export passwords in this situation from 1password standalone apps?
4) Can I use local vault (cached from version 7) with 1Password6 for Mac or 1Password4 for Windows (which I have standalone license purchased)
5) Is there are some additional period to pay, maybe a week or something (if in some case I cannot pay right now)

I really hope you put some of this information to FAQ, as I already mentioned passwords are very critical data and many people like me do want to know consequences of subscription model.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.5, Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@aragnophy: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion!

1) I found (in some forum answer) that my vaults will become read-only, so I will lost sync feature (with 1password cloud service) basically, is this correct?

No. Frozen just means that you cannot make changes to the data.

2) What will happen with Mac\Windows apps (v7), will they still function but in read-only mode?

Yes.

3) Can I export passwords in this situation from 1password standalone apps?

Yes.

4) Can I use local vault (cached from version 7) with 1Password6 for Mac or 1Password4 for Windows (which I have standalone license purchased)

Yes.

5) Is there are some additional period to pay, maybe a week or something (if in some case I cannot pay right now)

We offer monthly and annual payment options.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions!

• aragnophy
    aragnophy
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Thanks for answers, seems fair enough to me.
    Can you please provide local vault cache directory path for Mac and Windows?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @aragnophy

On Mac:

~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits/Library/Application Support/1Password/Data/

And on Windows:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password

Ben

• aragnophy
    aragnophy
    Community Member
    Options

As I see, this folders contains sqlite data files, which cannot be imported in easy way, right? One way is to zip and rename to specific backup format file and try to restore from backup? Like this "1Password 2018-07-10 10_51_17 (1 profiles, 1 items, 0 folders, 0 attachments).1p4_zip" .

I guess much easier way to export to .pif and import this pif-file in older versions of 1Password.

Is there are any ways to store local OPVault backup folder (.agilekeychain) with subscription service ?

• Ben
    Options

@aragnophy,

Could you perhaps elaborate a bit more about what exactly it is that you’re trying to accomplish? What is the goal? That may help in answering the question.

There is really nothing saying you can’t work with the SQLite files directly... no import/export needed.

OPVault and Agile Keychain files are sync files... 1Password membership doesn’t use them because it doesn’t need them. As 1Password membership is a custom tailored solution it is quite efficient and works directly from the source data rather than requiring an intermediary sync format like OPVault.

Ben

• aragnophy
    aragnophy
    Community Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

@Ben my initial question was

I got answer "Yes" from @brenty , but don't see any way to do this, except for export\import

• Ben
    Options

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. You can use standalone (“local”) vaults when you have a membership, but that is a separate concept from membeship vaults. Membership vaults are cached locally, but operate differently than standalone vaults, and there isn’t a way to “sync” a membership vault and a standalone vault.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.