To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Purchased license in 2013, can't apply license

Options
natinaut
natinaut
Community Member

I first purchased 1Password in 2013. Just got a new laptop and wanted to update 1Password. I have my license information but it will not apply automatically. When I try to apply it manually, 1Password does not recognize the file type and cannot open it.

Further, the app on my phone has my most updated vault and syncs with Dropbox. When I updated 1Password on my computer, it changed the sync file to a .legacyagilekeychain. This keychain only appears to have some of my logins and many are missing on the desktop app. The vault in the iPhone app remains the most up to date.

Any assistance in fixing this problem would be much appreciated. Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@natinaut: If you purchased 1Password in 2013, you'll have a license for an older version. You can purchase a license for version 7 from within the app to remove the "read only" restriction.

Regarding sync, you'll need to have all of your devices setup to use the same vault. It sounds like you're saying that 1Password for Mac does not have all of your data. Is that correct? If so, it's because you're using a different vault than the one you've setup on your phone. If you disable sync there, remove the vaults from Dropbox, and then re-enable sync, it will create a new sync'd copy of that data in Dropbox. You can then reset 1Password on your Mac and then set it up with that same vault in Dropbox and you'll be all set there.

I hope this helps. But be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• natinaut
    natinaut
    Community Member
    Options

Am I able to download an older version somewhere? Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@natinaut: You can get nearly any version we've ever released from our update site:

https://app-updates.agilebits.com

But we do recommend staying up to date to take advantage of the latest improvements, and compatibility with OS and browser releases, especially since 1Password is something we use for our security.

This discussion has been closed.