Bug, can't copy password

alexbjorlig
alexbjorlig
Community Member

Sometimes when I open the 1password app, the "copy" button does not appear.

Just attached a screenshot to show the button.

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

Hi @alexbjorlig, we are sorry to hear that you are having problems with 1Password 7's copy behavior. If you are able to consistently reproduce the problem, please let us know the exact steps that caused it to occur. Then we can work toward fixing it :smile:. Thanks.

ref: apple-995

• thatusernameistaken
    thatusernameistaken
    Community Member

This is happening for me too, it used to be very very rare, but all of a sudden (<24 hours) it is happening every time. I have to go into edit mode or else use the browser extension. Using the menu bar access works too. I don't know how to recreate it, but once it starts happening I do know that I can fix it by using the "Quit 1Password Completely" option in the menu bar 1Password mini app then re-opening, did seem to work.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@thatusernameistaken - we're still looking into why this happens; it's intermittent and it doesn't happen for everyone. However, it also shouldn't require fully quitting 1Password to resolve. Often, simply clicking outside of 1Password (such as in Finder) and then back in is enough to resolve this. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and hoping you can find a work-around for now (until we can get a code-based, reliable solution) that isn't quite so extreme and requires your Master Password again. Thanks for your patience with us as we work to nail this down.

• thatusernameistaken
    thatusernameistaken
    Community Member

No worries :). Doing that used to fix it for me too, as of late this is no longer the case. I have some reason to believe it might be related to secure text entry because some of my auto-expansion snippets also stopped expanding at the same time that this started happening 100% of the time. Since I fixed it and don't know how to trigger it, I can't really test the theory though.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@thatusernameistaken - OK. Keep an eye on things and let us know if you discover anything reproducible for it. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.