To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

HELP! Two-Factor Auth NOT WORKING

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

Hi all,

after logging in to my 1password web account, a 6-digit number is asked.
No problem so far - worked until today morning.

The website is not accepting the 2FA code anymore.

What can I do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@remo10: You'll need to have the date/time/zone set correctly on your device in order for valid Time-based One-Time Passwords to be generated. "Automatic" does not always result in an accurate time, especially on Wi-Fi-only devices. What OS are you using?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, thanks for your fastreply.
    All my devices (mac, ios, windows) are in time.
    I think something went wrong during enabling 2fa ....
    -remo

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018
    Options

@remo10: Are you still seeing an incorrect code? And is it the same incorrect code across all devices? If something went wrong during setup, you wouldn't have been able to complete it: a valid TOTP code is needed to enable it in the first place.

ref: BRT-34656-649

• filipepinheiro
    filipepinheiro
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also having this problem.
    Two factor was working fine up to a few weeks ago. Now it does not and I'm locket out of my account.
    What can I do to have access to my account again?

• Ben
    Options

@filipepinheiro

Please send us an email to support+forum@1password.com from the email address associated with your 1Password account. When you email in you’ll get a support ID back. Please post that here.

Ben

• filipepinheiro
    filipepinheiro
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the comment Ben.
    I had already, previously, sent an e-mail to your support e-mail. Here is the reference support ID: [#DTG-18938-329]
    In this e-mail I just described my issue, the same way I did here.

Thank you.

Filipe

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @filipepinheiro, you didn’t mention that you had already contacted us. :) We’ll be in touch soon.

Ben

ref: DTG-18938-329

• filipepinheiro
    filipepinheiro
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben!

• Ben
    Options

No problem. :)

Ben

• envoy510
    envoy510
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem. My support ID, which I got a few minutes ago is [#EFG-87728-112].

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@envoy510: Ultimately you're going to need to fix the device/app being used to generate the codes in order for them to be correct so they work, but I'll follow up with you via email and we can discuss specifics.

ref: EFG-87728-112

• envoy510
    envoy510
    Community Member
    Options

I emailed in a bunch of data and haven't heard back... don't know what the protocol is, so mentioning it here. Thanks.

• ionescuac
    ionescuac
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I ran into this issue earlier this week. Try going to start.1password.com and removing your account from your browser, and re-login from scratch. You'll need your secret key to do so. For some reason the local storage/cookies get corrupted and this was a fix that worked for me.

• envoy510
    envoy510
    Community Member
    Options

@ionescuac YOU THE MAN (or WOMAN)! That did it. Whew!

Thank you!!

• Thanks for chiming in here @ionescuac! That’s really good information to have.... we’ll have to do some testing with that. And thanks for the update @envoy510. Glad to hear that worked.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.