Forcing 1Password X password generator to keep settings on drop-down in extension.

Options
amswitzer
amswitzer
Community Member
edited July 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

I've configured the password generator in 1Password X on the main drop down, but when the extension shows the pop-up on Chrome when generating a new password, it completely ignores my prefered configuration for new passwords (including the maximum length I set in the main extension window) and defaults back to a very long length and different (default?) options.

Is there a setting to carry-over these parameters to the drop-down prompt, or is this a bug, which I assume you are working on? Or is this an enhancement that would be required?

1Password Version: not used
Extension Version: 1.8.2
OS Version: Windows 10 and 7
Sync Type: Account
Referrer: forum-search:1Password X password generator doesn't keep settings on drop-down in extension.

Comments

• dteare
    Options

Hello @amswitzer,

You're 100% right, we don't carry over these settings from the popup to the inline menu. The idea at the time was we wanted a good default password that worked for most websites in the inline menu, while keeping the customization for the popup. I still like this idea but I see where you're coming from and can see how it would feel like a bug to do otherwise.

This is something we're talking about internally and will likely be changing in the future.

Thanks for bringing this up!

++dave;

This discussion has been closed.