Feature Request: Device selection while enabling travel mode

vishal
vishal
Community Member

It would be helpful if, while enabling travel mode, there was a way for us to select the devices from which to remove vaults. For example, if I plan to travel with only my phone and tablet, I don't want vaults to be removed from my laptop also.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@vishal: Thanks for the suggestion. It's something we can consider. But out of curiosity, if you don't have your laptop with you anyway, why is it important that it isn't in Travel Mode?

• vishal
    vishal
    Community Member

@brenty : Thanks for the reply.

Two reasons why I don't want my laptop to be in travel mode. First, we may not always turn on the travel mode right before leaving. We may want to do it a couple of days in advance so that we don't forget about it at the last minute. In that case, it'd be nice to still be able to auto-fill passwords on the laptop.

This leads me to my second reason. I don't need every vault on all my devices. There are vaults that I use only when I'm at home. So, it'd be useful if I could permanently leave my phone in travel mode, so that only selected vaults are synced to it.

• I think that your first bit of reasoning makes sense. It'd be nice to be able to turn on Travel Mode ahead of time for my iPhone without disrupting my work on my Mac.

But I disagree with the second bit of reasoning. The goal of Travel Mode shouldn't be to split which vaults are available where. That's using a feature for something it wasn't designed for. I don't disagree with wanting to do that, just that Travel Mode shouldn't be how it's accomplished. 1Password already supports the ability to dictate which vaults go to which device types. It's a feature that's exposed in 1Password Business.

Rick

• vishal
    vishal
    Community Member

@rickfillion

Sorry about the late reply. I just saw your post. I'm not a frequent visitor to 1Password forums.

I understand your disagreement with my second point. You're right that the Travel Mode isn't designed for that purpose.

• Thanks for the update @vishal. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.