To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

My 1Password have block items

Camuss
Camuss
Community Member

Hi, I bought a new Macbook and the first thing that I did was install 1Password. Now I have 1Password 7 but all my items are blocked.
I always had a licence for version 4 and version 6. I don't remember have a membership in 1password.com

Now, I can't access without a membership. How can I have a full access?

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

1Password 7 is a paid upgrade from 1PW6. The version from the Mac App Store is subscription only (for reasons connected with the way the store operates) but the version direct from AgileBits can be used as a subscription or with a one-time purchase. Also, you should be able to download 1PW 6 from the AgileBits site, and continue using it.

If you only have Macs, you may want to stay with a licence, thought that will only cover 1PW7 (if you pay for that) or 1PW6 (with your current licence). The subscription covers all versions of 1PW on all platforms, so is useful if you have Windows, iOS, or Android devices. There are other advantages, see https://support.1password.com/why-account/

Meanwhile, you say your items are "blocked". I am not sure what you mean by that, but you should be able to use 1PW in read-only mode, so you can manually copy and paste passwords.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

Welcome to the forum, @Camuss! @danco is quite right: 1Password 7 for Mac is the first paid upgrade we've done since version 4! I see you've also contacted our email support team with this same question, however. If it's OK with you, I'd like to keep the conversation you've already got going with my colleague Megan going over there. When we have to stop and try to coordinate multiple responses to the same question asked of multiple teammates across multiple different points of contact, it adds confusion and slows support times for everyone including you. Thanks! :)

https://agilebits.cerb.me/profiles/ticket/VHJ-37439-473/conversation

This discussion has been closed.