Hello! I don't think my Chrome extension is working.

Options
HoymeLN
HoymeLN
Community Member

I just installed 1Password yesterday, and added the app to my phone and the extension to Chrome on my MacBook, but I thought when I went to a website, 1Password would prompt me to save the website login and password to the app. That's not happening and I'm not sure how to add my already existing login's and passwords to 1Password.

I realize this is probably a super basic question, but it didn't come naturally to me and the interface is confusing me. Thanks for helping!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Just Installed and Don't know how to add website

Comments

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @HoymeLN, welcome to the forum! We are happy to help :smile:.

In order for the 1Password extension to automatically prompt to save the login, you must log out of the service in question and log in again. If you need more details on how this works, checkout this support article detailing the 1Password extension.

Please let us know if you have any remaining questions or concerns. Also, we have a helpful getting-started guide to help ease the transition into 1Password.

• HoymeLN
    HoymeLN
    Community Member
    Options

Great Thank you!

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    Options

My pleasure, please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns @HoymeLN. We are here to help every step of the way!

This discussion has been closed.