master password is not working on my computer or my phone, touch id still works on ipad. HELP

Options
edutton
edutton
Community Member

If I can still get access through IPAD touch, how can I figure this out if I am locked out of iphone and computer.
My master password is not working. I never changed it. I have no idea why it's not working, but seems like you need it in order to reset. Is there any work around since I still have access on my ipad? Very frustrating and desperate for help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:master password is not working on my computer or my phone, touch id still works on ipad. HELP

Comments

• edutton
    edutton
    Community Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

I never changed my MASTER PASSWORD, but am now locked out. Has anyone encountered this problem?
    I trusted this service with my most valuable and confidential information and I find this extremely dissapointing. Looking for any feedback to see if anyone has found 1password to respond to this problem or faced a similar problem?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:never changed my MASTER PASSWORD, there is a bug in the system. Has anyone encountered this?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @edutton! I'm sorry for the trouble you're experiencing currently. I hope it's OK that I've merged your two threads into a single one since the questions concern the same issue. Please don't post the same thing in multiple places; when we have to stop and coordinate/merge threads like this, it slows down the support times for everyone, including you.

1Password will never arbitrarily change your Master Password; it just doesn't work like that. Without a little more information, it's going to be difficult to say what may have gone wrong and how we might help you fix it. Can you tell us your version of 1Password (on each device), your version of macOS (and/or iOS) on each device, and anything else that happened recently; changes you made to 1Password or your system as a whole? Thanks in advance.

This discussion has been closed.