How do i hook up a 2nd and/or 3rd Mac Computer (not laptop) with 1 Password App?

Options
nathan_w
nathan_w
Community Member

Or...is there a video that says how to do this. In other words, I already have a 1Password account, and it is hooked up
on my 21" iMac...however, recently i got 2 refurbished iMacs and want to put the 1Password App in their Toolbar i.e. for Firefox.
How can i properly get a download of the 1Password app to my other iMacs and use the same account?
Appreciate your help here. Thank you. Nathan

1Password Version: 7.0.7.
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:How do i hook up a 2nd and/or 3rd Mac Computer (not laptop) with 1 Password App?

Comments

• nathan_w
    nathan_w
    Community Member
    Options

I registered on a 21" iMac 2015, also now have a 27" iMac 2010. Wish to get 1Password set up on this 2nd computer. How can i do this?

1Password Version: 7.4.7.
    Extension Version: 4.7.2.9.0.
    OS Version: 10.13.6
    Sync Type: iCloud
    Referrer: forum-search:am using another mac at my home, wish to get the 1Password app onto this 2nd mac, how can i do this?

• nathan_w
    nathan_w
    Community Member
    Options

Seems like such a simple thing...however, the actual steps are beyond me, appreciate your advise. Thanks...

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nathan_w,

In order to get 1Password setup on your new Macs, you will need to install the 1Password apps and install the browser extension.

After that installing the app and extensions, you can proceed to add your 1Password account to the apps.

That's it! You should be good to go.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

• nathan_w
    nathan_w
    Community Member
    Options

Hi JadC,
    Okay...i have a 21"iMac and on it i have my main account with 1Password. And here on the 21"iMac is where i want my main work to remain and be done. The other 2 iMacs, are extra devices. On your last link : add your 1Password account to the apps....it says to migrate my info of my 'main account' to....'this new iMac'....if i do that will the info appear on both iMacs? and if the info does stay on the 21"iMac, i am happy to put it / migrate it to the other 2 iMacs. Also: i do not really need to Scan the QR Code if i have already done that for my existing account. Correct? Your opinion?

From previewing your links...it appears that in order to accomplish having the 1Password icon in the toolbar, i must proceed as if i am opening a new account (but in reality, i am not! Correct?...What i am doing is just putting the same account on all 3 devices. Correct?

Hope you can still hang in here until i get clear about this. Thanks, JadC

• nathan_w
    nathan_w
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, JadC,

Got it all done!. Appreciate this! Cheers!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nathan_w - On behalf of JadC, you're quite welcome! Glad he was able to help, and let us know if you have any further questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.