Autozone issue

Options

I am unable to fill in passwords in AutoZone.com; when I try to log in, it does not accept my password, even after I just reset it, if I copy it from 1Password. Also, the auto-password fill goes into the wrong part of the page (there is a Returning Customers and Create a MyZone Account section on the same page. Yes, I know that's goofy; I didn't set it up!)

1Password Version: 7.07
Extension Version: 4.7.2
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Davert
    Davert
    Community Member
    Options

I would settle for knowing the proper way to report this.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Davert,

Sorry for the delay in replying. Here in the forums is a good place to report issues as we do make sure to reply to every thread. As AutoZone allowed the creation of a test account I was able to test the complete signing in process and it was fine for me. Now I did notice that during the account registration process I was limited to a 10 character password and I wonder if that is causing you trouble now. How long is your password and do you have symbols in it? I don't know for certain that they don't accept symbols but the fact that they're limiting you to 10 characters makes we wonder what other unjustifiable limitations they have in place. If you change your password so that you know it is 10 characters and no symbols by any chance do you find it works?

As for the wrong fields being filled on their dual sign in/registration page. Can you try creating a new Login item using the steps detailed on our support page How to save a Login manually in your browser please. I found a Login item saved on that page filled the correct fields so I would hope you find the same.

• Davert
    Davert
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. It did work when I copied/pasted. I'll try removing the entry and starting over, and see if that fixes it.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Davert,

If it works when you copy and paste that could very well support the possibility that you have a longer password stored in 1Password and that is why filling isn't working. When you copy and paste that tends to trigger the right kind of responses from the site and the site will truncate the password, so you copy a 20 character password into the macOS clipboard but after pasting only 10 are in the field. The way that 1Password fills can lead to all 20 characters in the field and we have seen that prove a problem for similar sites. If there is anything to this I suspect you will find that if you manually save a new Login item and use copy and paste for the password from the existing one, that the passwords stored in the two Login items will differ. Let me know what you find.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

@littlebobbytables @Davert

Of note, I have a login for the promotions portion of AutoZone,
    It looks to be a separate login, as my login doesn't work on the main site, and the password requirements are more lenient. My length there is 20 characters.

I just created a login for the site (non promotion) and was able to use it and get fill to work, but its only 10 in length. :(
    Now, if I could just get LBT to fix their fubar, they issued me a new rewards number and now my login doesn't show any purchases lol.

Oh well some stuff beyond, Agilebits control. eMail fired off to AutoZone.

• Using Dev 10.14 beta / Safari beta
  • Davert
    Davert
    Community Member
    Options

Good thoughts. Thanks! And I appreciate your keeping in. I'm traveling now but will get back to testing this...

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@thightower, ouch, I hope you don't have to go through too much pain to get your account sorted out.

This discussion has been closed.