Missing logins since upgrade to 1Password7

Options

Since i upgraded to 1 Password7, and created new Keystore and imported an exported 1pif file I cannot find for example any logins from the category wallet.onlineservices.InstantMessenger, i checked the 1pif file, and there they are but not in !password, how can i import them

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• m3morex
    m3morex
    Community Member
    Options

would be nice, that if you ever release a new version, that you dont discard these categories and logins and move all unsupported "logins" to a General category

• @m3morex: We recommend importing your original vault directly. 1PIF is designed for getting items out of 1Password, not into a new version, so it isn't a great way to move from one version to another. When we release upgrades, we always give you a path to import your data directly. In the case of 1Password 7, you could open your vault directly from Dropbox (or wherever you happened to store it) and 1Password 7 would upgrade it to OPVault format for you. Alternatively, you can import either AgileKeyhcain or OPVault directly via 1Password > Import.

I'd recommend creating a new, empty vault (1Password > New Vault on this PC) and importing your original data into that vault. If everything imports well, you can remove the vault created using the 1PIF export – press Ctrl + D to display your vault list, hover over the original vault and click ..., then select Remove vault.

• m3morex
    m3morex
    Community Member
    Options

i already tried it with upgrade to opvault .. but there were much more errors here
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/95164/android-dropbox-data-folder-lost#latest

• Ah, it sounds like you've jumped through a few hoops already here. It sounds like at one point you restored a backup in 1Password 4, then tried importing to OPVault. Could you walk me through that? 1PIF will lose attachments (they're separated in that case), but importing directly should preserve them.

This discussion has been closed.