Why won't lastpass create a cvs export file when attempted on lastpass.com-- not the extension

shcdm4
shcdm4
Community Member

LastPass doesn't give me the option to create a cvs file upon export.

Instead it creates a web page with a list of the website addresses. This was attempted in the safari extension first then I read on 1Password help sections that it had to be exported from their website since it would not be exported correctly from within the extension but the same thing happens when exporting the vault via lastpass.com.

All I can save is an export.webarchive.com

How can I import that into 1Password or how can I save a LastPass vault as a cvs file?

LastPass no longer works on Safari so I have to get the passwords into another manager. Maybe relevant? I was told by LastPass support the issue was replicated and sent to Apple but there's no known date for the Safari extension update.

I've signed up for but haven't started using 1Password yet since I haven't been able to import LastPass passwords.

I don't understand tech terms so a simple reply would be most helpful.
Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6 high sierra
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:import lastpass

Comments

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

Hi @shcdm4 and welcome to the 1Password support forum!

Indeed, LastPass outputting text rather than a file is expected behavior for them. To import your LastPass data into 1Password, you'll want to copy and paste the exported text into our import tool on 1Password.com. Here's our support guide on how to do it—let me know how you get on and I'm here to help along the way :)

• shcdm4
    shcdm4
    Community Member

Thank you. That worked well.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@shcdm4 - I'm glad Henry was able to assist you. :)

Community Member

When I got to create my export in LastPass I get the following message: "Sorry, company policy prohibits use of this feature."

Any suggestions?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited November 2018

@360,

If you using the Enterprise and Teams version, and your admin has forbidden this option, you’ll have to contact that person.

See: https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=1936

This discussion has been closed.