issue, probably since the install of latest WIN10-release (1803)

Options

This is the workflow

1. Windows-10 pc (re)starts
  2. shotcut-key to open 1password-mini does not work
  3. 1Password-icon is visible in System-tray
  4. When right-clicking on it, to open 1password-app, 1password disappears from system-tray (but still visible as running in Task Manager)
  5. Launch 1password-app through Start-menu
  6. Then enter password, .... and all works fine again

I think this is happening since WIN10-1803 is installed, but I'm not fully sure

My 1password-release is 7.2.576

1Password Version: 7.2.576
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: win10 1803
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:windows 10 system tray

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @eocula,

Thank you for reporting this!

Could you please tell me what browser you are using? If it is Microsoft Edge, please let me know if it is selected as the default browser on your computer. If my hunch is correct, please try to change it, reboot your PC, and check if the issue you described remains. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• eocula
    eocula
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I indeed using Edge. I did reboot my laptop already multiple time since I noticed this issue. Using another browser is not really possible. As IE , also installed on my laptop, is not supported by 1password

Eddy

• Hi @eocula,

Do you have 1Password extension enabled in Edge? If yes, uninstall the extension, reboot, and see if 1Password responds correctly on the first try with the shortcut or right-click in the notification tray area.

Using another browser is not really possible. As IE , also installed on my laptop, is not supported by 1password

We've meant Firefox or Chrome, you can try to install either one to rule out that Edge is the problem.

We've seen weird issues caused by the 1803 update where having Edge as the default browser would cause certain apps including 1Password and even Windows' Settings app to crash. The reason is that as of 1803 update, Edge is "prelaunched" by Windows, meaning that it starts automatically in the background at every reboot even if you're not using it. It would help to rule this out by selecting a different browser and see if 1Password stops crashing.

This discussion has been closed.