cannot sync agilekeychain on mac, V7.1.1 doens't allow me to choose agilekeychain vaults

hha2000
hha2000
Community Member

cannot sync agilekeychain on mac, V7.1.1 doesn't allow me to choose agilekeychain vaults. I am using dropbox to sync, DB is not the problem.

Thanks!
Holger

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:cannot sync agilekeychain on mac

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@hha2000 - sorry for the trouble! You're correct; Agile Keychain format has been formally retired in 1Password 7 on both Mac and Windows. It was a great format in its day, but it's now over ten years old, and its successor, OPVault, has already been around for a few years. That's why, in the screenshot you provided, the dialogue box says The file name will end in ".opvault".

If you've got existing 1Password 6 for Mac data on your Mac, however, 1Password should recognize it and import the data automatically (assuming it's not from a VERY old version of 1Password), straight from the encrypted SQLite file itself. You'll be walked through the process of converting sync from Agile Keychain to OPVault. If you're installing this onto a new (to you) Mac where there is no history of 1Password data from earlier versions, and all your Dropbox sync keychains are in the Agile Keychain format, then you'll need to click the "Go Back" button, choose "More Options" and click "Create a standalone vault." Once you've done that, you can go to File > Import and click the top option, "1Password Keychain":

You can then select your Primary vault from the older Agile Keychain format and import it into the new, empty Primary vault in 1Password 7 for Mac, though you'll need to repeat this process for any secondary vaults you may have (create a new vault, use File > Import to bring it into 1Password).

• davidcyp
    davidcyp
    Community Member
    edited December 2018

Hi,

I was a happy 1Password user since ages... until I updated to OSX Mojave. My 1Password 3.x starts crashing. Fine, so I upgraded (though I prefer to buy a "license" instead of all those cloud based subscriptions, they're the reason why I didn"t upgrade sooner.).

According to the screenshot below, I must be able to import my old .agilekeychain file.

However, when I navigate to dropbox and point to my agilekeychain file, 1Password doesn't allow me to select it. Can you please help me to:

• use 1Password 7 on my Mojave machine asap

Explain me how I can still use dropbox sync for my other devices, being:

• a MBP late 2011 edition
    • a MBP late 2015 edition
    • an iPad Mini 2 Retina
    • an iPhone 7
  • Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi @davidcyp,

If you’re not able to get the initial import to work, what you need to do is get yourself to the main vault screen, either by getting a 1Password membership set up or creating a standalone vault. Don’t worry about your data for the moment, just get a vault set up. Once you are on the Vault screen, click File>Import>1Password Keychain. You should be able to point towards your old AGK vault for a one-time import.

• davidcyp
    davidcyp
    Community Member

Hi @Corey_C , thanks, this solved my issue. Import succeeded. Where are my passwords stored now, since this was a one-time import? And how do I share them with other devices? I have seen the QR code, but I'm just curious where my information is stored now. Kind regards,
    David

• @davidcyp

If you're set up with a membership (recommended) then your encrypted data is synced via 1Password.com. You can verify this by logging in at https://my.1password.com/
    I'd highly recommend printing an Emergency Kit to be sure you retain access to that account:

Get to know your Emergency Kit | 1Password

I hope that helps!

Ben

• davidcyp
    davidcyp
    Community Member

@Ben it sure did, thanks! All clear now :)

• Excellent. Thanks for the update. Happy holidays. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.